Wednesday 27 February 2013

Sweet Sherbet Squares Quilt

May I present this decidedly pretty quilt to you.


I am so very proud of this one!  I have taken my favourite 1930's inspired ditsy floral cottons and patchworked them in a traditional style, the result being this beauty of a quilt in a classic "sixteen patch" design.


The quilt top is a myriad of pretty 2" cotton squares, 1344 squares to be exact!  This quilt has been machine quilted in a cross-hatched style, the top and backing being crafted from best quality cottons, and cosy cotton blend batting is sandwiched inside for maximum warmth and snuggliness whilst being lovely and light.  The quilt is finished with pink gingham binding which has been hand sewn to the reverse for a professional finish.  A HenHouse label has been attached in the corner on the back.



The quilt measures approximately 49" x 58", perfect to top a bed, snuggle with on the sofa or use as a picnic rug.  It would equally make a stunning wall hanging.



This quilt is easy to care for and can be machine washed at 30 degrees, line dried and a cool iron may be used if you like a crisp finish (I like them loved and wrinkly, myself!)


This quilt has taken many hours of stitching with the utmost care and attention, I know it shall delight its new owner and be a treasured family heirloom for years to come.

This special quilt is priced at £220.  SOLD, MANY THANKS

P&P:

UK Special Delivery £10
Overseas Regular Airmail (uninsured) £16
(Please enquire if you require overseas insurance)

Please read my sales policies in my sidebar.  To reserve, I can be contacted at:  henpinn@hotmail.co.uk